Monday, April 11, 2011

Roberto Burle Marx (AWESOME)

Looking back on my precedents and thinking of "how I can be a Landscape architects as the artist La Pok?", I realized I have forgot to reference one of my favorite Landscape architects, the late but great Roberto Burle Marx.
He is someone whom has succeeded in translating his artist style directly into landscapes, through form and materials. His extensive use and knowledge of vegetation is also something I aspire to achieve in my professional practice. 

 
Caemi Foundation Rio De Janero


Safra Bank Headquarters Sao Paulo
Largo da Carioca, Rio De Janero

The images above have been sourced from the book "The Legacy of Burle Marx".


 Reflecting on Burle Marx's work it is evident that his designs stem directly from his painting style transformed into plan, whilst considering specific site condition's. I think I might select a park around Melbourne and trial different designs, with this approach.


No comments:

Post a Comment